What is Monograph?
Monograph was founded by a team of ex-architects. Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
Why work at Monograph?
- People first: Core to the team, we believe in people first, curiosity, and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
- Build a company that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IDEO, Google X, and Figma, we’re a team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to help build the future of how architects manage their business. With this role, you’ll get in at the ground floor in a fast growing startup and help shape our sales process and culture.
So, what will you do at Monograph as an Account Executive?
Lead & Contribute
- As an AE on the team, you’ll work with our CEO to develop both long term and short term sales strategies, while also being boots on the ground and selling our product.
- You’ll be a critical member of our small Go-To-Market team, collaborating on cross-team initiatives with Growth and Success.
- Be accountable for increasing our sales pipeline and new customer acquisition.
- Listen closely to our prospects for smart product ideas and improvements that can enhance the future direction of the product.
Systems & Process
- Develop a sales process focused on net new logos where you’ll oversee initial prospecting, deal closing, and post-close handoff to the customer success team.
- Manage the sales pipeline for predictable quarterly growth.
- Maintain and iteratively enhance the sales technology stack.
Selling our Software
- You’ll directly manage our sales pipeline, covering outbound, inbound, account targeting, and deal prioritization.
- Remain a trusted contact for client relationships through presale and post-sales renewal processes.
- Proactively engage with trial sign-ups for demos to develop new relationships, educating them on the value of time tracking and project management.
- Hunt for new high-value/high-influence customers in each region and navigate larger accounts.
- Consultatively listen to our prospects’ challenges with their existing process and help them navigate a smooth transition to Monograph.
Reporting & Forecasting
- Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales objectives
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports
Requirements for this role:
- A great communicator and fluent in written and spoken English.
- 3-5 years of experience, with experience in closing (e.g. AE roles, partnerships/BD) and experience in B2B SaaS at a fast-growing startup.
Skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- Familiarity with the architecture industry.
- Familiarity with consultative sales - you won’t be selling features, you will be selling process change that is core to every firm you engage with.
- General understanding of how to run a small business (profitability, accounting, etc)
- An entrepreneurial mindset -- We’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook, we want you to help build it.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort working in a dynamic environment.
- Agility to be able to prioritize what we can do today and what we will be able to do tomorrow.
- Experience with Sales Hub in Hubspot.
- Experience with sales productivity automation software.
- A dedication to minimize engineering overhead and preventing feature requests from blocking sales.
What benefits can you expect
- 4-day work week
- Health, dental & vision insurance - we cover 99% for employees AND DEPENDENTS premiums
- Wellness stipend
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
Yes, this role is a full-time role. We are a remote-first company.
What is the company culture like?
Our CEO’s thought on culture—read about it on Fast Company.
Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values.
What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company?
With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.