What is Monograph?
Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
Why work at Monograph?
- People first: You are an (awesome) human before an employee—we believe in people first and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
- Create a tool that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning. We are starting to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IrisVR, WeWork, and Figma, we're a team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background. You will be doing some of the best work of your life.
So, what will you do at Monograph as an Engineering Manager?
- Coach, build, and lead a diverse team of product-minded engineers
- Engender a data-driven mentality for shipping well-crafted experiments that add significant customer value
- Work closely with sales and success leaders to help set priorities for impactful deliverables
- Build and foster an inclusive, collaborative and efficient culture
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years as an engineering manager
- 5+ years writing code and shipping product
- Ideally you've spent time directly working with support, success, or sales
- Prior experience in growth or full-stack engineering—ideally Rails and React
- Architecture familiarity (the building kind)
- Fan of Sandi Metz
- Shipped a 10x product experiment
- Sunny disposition
What benefits can you expect?
- 4-day work week (32hrs)
- Health and dental insurance
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- Resume submission and cover letter review over email: Your first touch point is the initial email you send us. As a remote team, we value articulate, succinct expression of important points. This step may include follow up questions and clarifications.
- Phone call with our recruiter (30 min): This will be an introductory call to learn more about you, what you’re looking for and if what you’re looking for aligns with what our team needs. You will have an opportunity to get some of your initial questions answered and learn more about the company and why we are filling this role.
- Video chat with our Head of Engineering (60 min): You give have an opportunity to meet our technical cofounder and ask each other questions. You’ll talk 50:50 about career and life. With a 4-day work week, we’re especially curious what you might do on your day off.
- Paid take-home prompt or project presentation (1 hr): For the take-home option, we send over a project prompt (estimated 3hrs of work) which you can then present to our engineering/product team. For the presentation option, you'll present a project that best reflects your data-driven decision making and execution with a team.
- Team meeting (1hr): You'll get a chance to meet other members of the team including success, marketing, and sales to get a vibe of our culture and how you might fit in.
- CEO meeting (30min): You have made it this far! This is your final meeting and gives you the chance to ask more high-level questions about the mission and goals of Monograph and yourself.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and a fully remote position based in the United States.
What is the company culture like?
Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values.
What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company?
With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job.