+ and more!
Why Use a Staffing Plan Template for Architects
As architecture is a service-based business, we need to manage our resources - our staff and time - to create a profitable business. You can use it for your weekly short term staffing all the way to your quarterly long term staffing.
This staffing plan template can help you:
- Visualize how your team’s time is allocated week by week.
- Understand the resources your firm has now so you can plan for future needs
- Maximize productivity in your team by staffing the right person for the right project
- Keep everyone in your team updated so they know what they’re working on every week.
- Have a record of your staffing plan so you can keep improving as you grow
How to Use the Architecture Project Staffing Plan Template
- Put in your email to download the free Architect Timesheet template on this page. You will get an email with a link to download the template in both Excel and Google Sheets formats.
- Make a copy of the Google sheet template into your own Google Drive or open the Excel template.
- Input the basic information at the top of the spreadsheet with your studio name, studio director name, year and date.
- Put in everyone’s name from your team and their billing rates. Add more rolls if you have a bigger team.
- Go over to the Project List tab and add all your project names and project numbers in there.
- Go back to the Staffing tab and select the projects under each team member.
- Now you can start staffing their hours! We have set up the template to show the whole year of 2021 - but feel free to adjust the dates/month as you need.
- Once you add the required hours for each person, the total hours will be automatically calculated for each week. To help you not over-staff or under-staff your team, the total hour will turn red if it goes over 40 hours and green if it goes below 40 hours.
- Share the staffing plan with your team in your weekly team meetings to keep them in the know of their own staffing.
TIPS: When you’re updating the staffing plan each week/month, you can duplicate the tab for this staffing plan and rename it with the updated date to keep a record of your changes. Don’t forget to update the Date section too on the template itself.
Download an Architecture Project Staffing Plan Template for Free
Download the free Architecture Project Staffing Plan Template so you can put the right team together for the right project (available as Excel, and Google Sheets). This spreadsheet will help you manage your resource plan across your firm.
Why Use a Resource Planning Software for Architects
To make sure your projects are profitable, you need more than a spreadsheet that you just simply input a few hours - you need a tool that gives you a comprehensive look on how your staffing plan impacts your bottom line all on one page.
With Monograph Resource - no more surprises when you run out of fee because of staffing issues.
Save Staffing Time with 1 Click
I always dragged sitting in staffing meetings - they’re always long and boring inputting each person’s hours one by one. With Monograph Resource, you can plan your team’s week in just 1 click based on 3 different options:
- Past timesheets
- Past Resource schedule
- Project Assignment from Project Planner
Saving your entire management team so much time means you get to invoice more billable hours - and we don’t have to sit through long boring meetings. I call this a win-win.
Make Informed Decisions with Budget in Mind
Are you toggling through multiple spreadsheets just to find out you’re out of fee for the week? Inside Monograph Resource, you see the budget impact in real-time so you can plan for the future. See how many hours you’ve consumed, and how many remain on each project, so you can decide what to spend on it this week.
Flexible Staffing Layout
Every project manager is different so we build our tools with flexibility in mind.
You can toggle between a column-based layout that focuses on your individual team members and their allocated hours on projects or switch to a row-based layout that emphasizes projects and their assigned team members.
Whether you like to plan your resource per team or per project, we’ve got it covered with Resource.